SpinJoy Hula Hoop Fitness Challenge – Day 9
Day 9 of the 14 day SpinJoy Hula Hoop Fitness Challenge
Day 9 focus – Dropping into Flow
Today we’re focusing on the ‘dance’ in hoop dance and trying to drop into our flow.
Day 9: #spinjoyhoopfitness Stormy weather in Sydney today. The focus for me today was flow. Listen to the music, find your flow, let go. I understand this may be a challenging focus for some people. I encourage you to really drop in, enjoy it. More info on this focus via the Day 9 blog post in my bio. This is also my #stopdropandspin for @circuslady and @sammiejo_19 which I'm passing on to @dizzylisa @michalchakon @carlysextonn and @the_spin_jinny #SpinJoy #SpinJoySquad
Why would we want to do this?
Focusing on dance and flow is how we make hula hoop dance and working out an enjoyable experience. When we can get outside of our head, put our insecurities and negative self-talk to the side and focus on letting go, being present in the moment and tuning into our bodies and the music, we can experience the full benefits of hoop dance has, not only on the body but the mind and spirit as well.
How can I focus on dance and drop into flow?
- Create a playlist you LOVE. If you enjoy and know the music, you’re going to want to dance to it.
- Let go of your expectations or a specific trick outcome. Going into it with a plan can overwhelm our brains and take us out of the moment.
- Simplify. Pull your dancing and your tricks way back. Focus on the movement patterns that are super easy to you. This may be spinning the hoop on your hand, waist hooping, a basic weave.
- While doing simple movements, start feeling into the other areas of your body. Step and touch your feet to the beat of the music. What is your free hand doing? How can you move your head, your hair, your shoulders?
- Spin around (same direction as your hoop). Spinning is a great way to flow. It’s a filler move when you don’t know what else to do, it helps your mind relax and it will keep you moving in your dance.
- Close your eyes. Learning the art of not giving a f*#k what anyone thinks (that includes yourself) is a valuable skill.
- Turn off the camera (and the lights) if you need to.
- Smile – fake it till you make it. It will come.
Want to join us on the challenge?
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to send a Private Message on Instagram or shoot an email to email@example.com