SpinJoy Hula Hoop Fitness Challenge – Day 4 & 5
Day 4 & 5 of the 14 day SpinJoy Hula Hoop Fitness Challenge
Day 4 focus – Vertical Hula Hooping
Trying working your hula hoop into the vertical plane on your body.
Day 4: #spinjoyhoopfitness challenge Please forgive me, today is super rushed! I have 7 hours of hooping at Christmas events in Sydney so I'm making this a quick one! Will post a full blog article on day 4 hopefully tonight. Today's focus: Vertical hooping! If you're struggling with this move, stay tuned, I'll post tips in the blog and also go live to explain how it's done. BTW Christmas in Australia's HOT Cold and frosty is what it's not When the bloom of the Jacaranda tree is here Christmas time is near 🌲😂😍 #childhoodflashback #SpinJoy #SpinJoySquad #reindeer #hulahoop
Why would we want to do this?
Vertical hula hooping is a cool variation to on-body waist or chest hooping. It burns a lot of calories, is a challenge to keep going and is super fun AND it looks great.
How can we get the hoop from horizontal waist hooping to vertical?
- Stand with your feet wider than hip width apart, toes pointed outwards
- With the hoop spinning horizontally on your waist, squat with even force through both knees at the same time with the rhythm of the hoop
- Keep your body upright for the first few attempts to make sure the action is successful, the hoop should start slanting forward and eventually hit your thighs
- When this is working for you, lean your chest forward, butt out (deadlift position)
- Attempt to hold the hoop in this vertical position while dancing. Continue to bounce with strong force to keep it going.
- Extra challenge, attempt chest and shoulder hooping on the vertical plane
Day 5 focus – Rock Out!
Have a freakin’ dance party!
Day 5: #spinjoyhoopfitness challenge is brought to you by my good friend #coffee and my buddies @the_espresso_broz ❤️☕ Yesterday was such a big freakin' day so I've decided to lighten the mood and make the focus for day 5 and epic fun rock out. Put on some music you LOVE and let loose. Seriously though…I kinda want you to be doing this every day anyway but today it's the focus. Thank you #theespressobroz for my new favourite t-shirt and the endless laughs listening to your #podcast. If you love coffee as much as I do (or even just a bit), go check them out ❤️😘 #SpinJoy #SpinJoySquad #danceparty Also I've pulled out my skeleton swimming costume for my first swim of the summer because I'm still high on life from meeting my favourite instagrammer @hugotheskeleton yesterday 😍 #lifeisgood #💀 #blessed #lifegoals
Why would we want to do this?
Because it’s amazing fun, it makes the time fly, you’ll increase your energy burn and you won’t even notice you’re working out.
How can we learn to relax and rock out in our hoop?
- Make a sick playlist – Spotify, iTunes or a CD you love. Find music that you are familiar with and that makes you want to dance. If you’re struggling, check out my Spotify playlists.
- Dance like no one is watching. Or dance like everyone is watching and you want them to see how much fun hula hooping is and inspire them to join you! If you’re in a public space and a bit shy, keep your back to on-lookers. If you really don’t want to dance in public (or it isn’t an option where you are in the world) dance party in your underwear at home!
- Try to see how weird and crazy you can move your body without the hoop falling down. Incorporate some sick AND cheesy dance moves.
- Have fun x
Want to join us on the challenge?
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to send a Private Message on Instagram or shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org